Friday, March 7, 2008

Tax Time

Hello All, More at www.CoachingForWidows.com

It feels as if the holiday season has just passed, and here it is already March. That means that tax season is here! Matter of fact, I meet with my tax accountant in about an hour to prepare my taxes.

Every holiday, every event (including tax time) seems to bring up memories and at the core of it, memories of my husband. We always did our taxes together. Somehow the process seemed lighter, easier when I had a partner.

On the flip side, I've learned to stand on my own two feet. Not by choice, but by necessity I've learned.

I started thinking, a few minutes ago...how could I still feel that "bit of that lightness" I used to have when Rory and I did this together? In that moment of asking that question to myself, I shifted my feeling about it and thought "I can choose to feel lighter". And, so it is.

That doesn't mean that my tax situation changed or my finances changed. It does mean, however, I can choose how I feel driving over to the appointment, during the appointment etc. I've got to go through this process, no matter what, so why not embrace it in a manner that lifts me up rather than pulls me down.

Question:
What area or areas of your life would you like to embrace a new perspective or way of looking?
Try it, you might like it.

Warmly,
Colleen

No comments: