Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Blog Widows Walk Speak

Hello, More at www.CoachingForWidows.com


It is with a heavy, yet faithful heart and soul, I reach out. This is my first blog. Okay, I'm 43, and blogging is a big deal because it is new to me. Somewhere I got lost between gen x and boomers, and gen y's etc.

So, here's why I am here. My husband Rory (who was my best friend) lost his battle with cancer 3 years ago. He was 39 years old and fought with such grace to stay alive. He so wanted to be in the life of our beloved young son Ryan who was (just few months old when he was diagnosed) and just 3 years old at his passing.

Here is my quest, my vision. I believe widows know more about life and about death than many and I wish to be there to help other young and middle aged widows pick up the pieces and go on to live extraordinary lives.

I left my corporate job over a year ago and became a professional coach. I coach young/middle aged widows find what is most important to them now, and to find their new normal. I am in process of writing a book for widows and deeply want to help and serve others who have been through this experience.

I open this blog up to you all. Those of you have experienced spousal loss and wish to become "unstuck" and "come alive again". Feel free to post your thoughts and reflections. Together we can build a community of not only support but of "going for the brass ring". To live a life of purpose, of meaning, of joy.

Best,


Colleen

No comments: