Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Anniversaries and Birthday


Hello to All,
I write this particular blog from a difficult place, mindset and sadness if you will. If you have been reading my past blogs, you will know, as a coach and as a widow, I strive to be with "all of life's ups and downs", striving to give and find the inspiration and ask the questions to help us all grow and move forward. Today (this entire week actually) is a rough one, and there have been rough one's before and perhaps rough one's ahead.

Hopefully, this blog will be helpful to you on your personal life journey.

I will preface it all with a question. What are the gifts?


Yesterday was the 4 year anniversary of my husband Rory's death. Today would have been our 14 year wedding anniversary and in 2 days it would have been Rory's birthday. As you can imagine, it is quite a bit of anniversaries in a 4 day span.

This past weekend we had some of our dearest friends visit and it was fantastic. We had lots of laughs and shared great memories of Rory. We placed flowers in remembrance yesterday and I cried. A bit later in the day, I brought them to the airport, had to say goodbye and guess what...I cried. As I drove home, I cried. The "water works" were going strong. The Beatles CD was playing and the song "Let It Be" came on. A part of the chorus says"Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, whisper words of wisdom, let it be, let it be. In that moment, it helped me "let it be". My hope and vision is to share words of wisdom and support for other widows. Part of being a coach, I believe, is to walk the talk, to be authentic, to be with the tough stuff, to ask powerful questions and to be grateful for all I have.

So, I will leave you all with the question, "what are the gifts"?
What are your gifts? What can help lift you up, especially in difficult times?

Warmly,
Colleen

No comments: