Monday, April 28, 2008

4 Year Anniversary


Hello to all,


If you are a widow, how long has it been for you since you lost your spouse?


I am coming up on 4 years this May, 27th. It is so very hard to believe! On one hand it feels like moments ago and on the other, a lifetime. I still remember uncontrollably shaking and breaking down at the hospital when he passed. I remember walking into his memorial service and the overwhelm of it all, which took me in completely for a few moments, before I was able to continue to honor his life with our family, friends and co-workers.


One of my dear clients, whose husband passed away 3 days after my Rory, asked me what I was doing and how I planned to "be" in preparing for and experiencing this upcoming anniversary. It seems as if it were yesterday that she and I were discussing and coaching around her 3 year anniversary. That is how the past year even has totally flown!


I've spent about a week, thinking about the anniversary and giving myself time to reflect and feel all the range of emotions (I know you know what I am talking about...) and begin to plan "how I want to be" leading up to and on May 27th and "what I want to do on that day".


If/when you are coming up on an anniversary, what will serve you best?


Warmly,

Colleen
www.CoachingForWidows.com

No comments: