Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In Laws

Hello,

Last week, my son and I flew to New Mexico to visit my inlaws (my late husbands mother and his step father). It had been some time since we had seen one another. When we arrived I knew something was terribly wrong. I thought before we left she sounded depressed, tired and off somehow, but did not realize what we would find. When we arrived, Rory's step father said she had begun showing signs of change/problems over the past 6 weeks. This escalated quickly.

In the past 2 days, my MIL has been air lifted to Texas and they have discovered 3 large brain tumors and spots on her lungs. They are conducting more tests today. Very serious.

I share this, because life continues to throw so much at us and those we love and care about.
We can ask ourselves:
How do we want to serve and support those we love?
How do we ensure we give ourselves some self care during these difficult times.
Who can we reach out to? (friends, family, spiritual/church and support circles for listening, encouragement and perspective.)

Please send a prayer for my mother in law.

Warmly,
Colleen

No comments: