Thursday, October 9, 2008

Can Do - Family & Friends


A warm hello,


In these times when many of us are unsure or scared for various reasons (ie. the economy, the housing crisis, the death of our spouses, creating a "new normal") it is so important that we continue to focus on what can we "Can Do" and how we "Can Be". I know it can be difficult at times to focus on what is possible instead of focusing on the challenges of what is, but it is critically important and will serve us well.


I'll be honest, the past couple of days I have had to work a bit harder at this, but I am back to being the best I "can be" and focusing on what "I Can Do".


In life there are moments that put everything back into perspective. One of those moments was when my 36 year old healthy husband was diagnosed with cancer. A wonderful moment was the birth of our son. A tragic moment was when my husband passed. This week a very dear friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer. It is a serious situation as it has grown into his heart. I pray for him and love him. This is another moment that puts it all into perspective and has us ask ourselves, what is "really" most important.


So, it is my hope that you all are taking stock in your health and taking appropriate positive steps as we discussed a few blogs ago. (view back to refresh) Also, it is always a great time to reach out to our family and friends. Stay connected. Perhaps there is someone you haven't spoken to for some time or a relationship to repair. Perhaps it is just making some "girl time" with your friends. These relationships are powerful and support us during good times and challenges times.


Coach Corner:

What family or friend relationship can you reach out to this week?


Here's to your family and friends.


Cheers,

Colleen

No comments: