Friday, October 24, 2008

Law of Attraction & Visualization


A Warm Hello,

A while back, I wrote about the Secret (the book and the movie) and the Law of Attraction. I am a big believer in "Thoughts Become Things". When we know very clearly our purpose, what is important, how we can add value and what we want, all things are possible if we take action.
As a widow, no matter where you are on your journey, the power of this can support and guide you forward, in your personal and your professional life.

Yesterday, was a big day for me. It required me to stretch (which is a good thing) and when you stretch yourself that means getting out of your comfort zone and it can feel uncomfortable, to say the least, at first. This is where we grow, build confidence and continue to build new skills. So, back to yesterday...I did my first big keynote address at a beautiful 5 star hotel in St. Petersburg, FL. for 150 people. WOW!! I normally do workshops / training classes for 20-40. This was a big event at a national conference with a big stage, camera's, big screens and very "ta da". I had to come on stage through double doors backlit so it showed my reflection before entering. (it felt like I was going on Jay Leno or something). So, it was a big stretch for me! I used the Law of Attraction and visualized me doing a great job, teaching great new leadership information, making them laugh and connecting. Thoughts become things. It went great, and I grew skills and built confidence. An example of overcoming another challenge.

We each have areas in our lives to stretch and grow personally and professionally. They can be small, big or in between. Being a widow is just one part of us, we must honor and work through it and we must stretch, grow and be all we can be for ourselves, our family/friends, our community and our world.

If you have not checked out the Secret, it is a great reference and framework to guide the journey.

Coach Corner:

Pick something important you want but really causes you to stretch (get out of your comfort zone). Now, what thoughts are you thinking? Are they the thoughts that will create what you want? Once you create powerful thoughts, really visualize and feel what is there and what steps can you take? What do you want the outcome to be?

Warmly,

Colleen

No comments: