Friday, October 3, 2008

Can Do - Your Money

A Warm Hello,

It seems everyone I speak with is concerned about their money, investments and the economy. (okay, me too). Sticking with the messages over the past few blogs...Don't Panic, Focus on Can Do, today we will look at a few things we can control and influence regarding our money. It is possible during challenging times to find new and creative ways to move ahead and move forward. It is even possible to make tremendous strides and experience great improvements.

First, take stock of your personal situation. Ask yourself all the typical questions. Some of which might include, what is my debt/income ratio, what are my assets/liabilities, what are the contents of my portfolio, where do I want to continue or change in investing, what are my fixed costs/variable costs? What else can I do? Who can I meet with to help? What resources are available?

I've been in contact with both my financial planner, accountant and have reviewed my budget. You? I've made some decisions on what is still important "no matter what" about where I put my money and new ways in which I can continue generating income. A couple of years ago I made the personal decision to hire a coach and it required me to make some changes in how I lived my life and spent my money in order to pay for the coach. For me, it was worth it. For you, it will be personal on how you choose to invest, choose to save and choose to think and feel. The key is to have a clear head and focus on "Can Do". I know a colleague or two who are doing better than ever and are focused on "Can Do".

There are so many resources out there. Here are just a couple.
Here is one if you are more "newly widowed".
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/08/13/earlyshow/living/money/main568117.shtml
General Free Financial Advice.
http://www.free-financial-advice.net

Warmly,
Colleen














No comments: