Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fitness, Discipline, Barack, Me and You

A Warm Hello,


Today's topic is about fitness, discipline, Barack Obama, Me and You.

In coaching clients, in working with my trainer and in writing this blog, I have touched on and tackled fitness and health. A few things have struck me of late.

1. Barack Obama the morning after the election (with very little sleep) is in the gym getting in a work out. With all on his plate (setting to work assembling his team to name one) is exhibiting discipline and commitment to take care of his fitness and his health.

2. Me and You: well I've been much more consistent with my Pilates and variable on my cardio. I've not completely exhibited the discipline required to achieve my goals. Hmm...so what is that all about? What sabotages me, (maybe you and others as well) and gets in the way? What becomes more important? What excuses are used? What is the ROI or the Return on Investment? What do we really want and what are we willing to do about it?

We each have many things on our plates...Raising children, a career, a business, the household, family/friends, relationships etc etc. Whether it is fitness where we are not achieving our goals or in another area of our life or business where we are not taking actions that support our goals, vision etc. it is a chance to reflect on what is happening, what is not, and what is underneath all of it that is holding us back. What do we want to do about it?

Here is what I am doing. I'm off to Pilates in a few minutes and will schedule in my cardio for tomorrow. Scheduling things in is important. If we don't schedule it, it often doesn't happen.

I've been asked to coach a few moms for Mommy Magazine here in Sarasota, Florida for upcoming fitness issues in '09. We will uncover their challenges and come up with a plan for mom's to follow and we will track their progress. So, it is time for me to walk the talk and follow my fitness plan too. Model the Way, I always say.

What is important for you to "Model the Way" with in your life? What committment and discipline needs to be there? Why is this important to you and what will it mean and represent for you?

We each have the same 24 hours in a day. What we do with it, is up to each of us. Make each day count.

Here's to you.

Warmly,

Colleen

No comments: