Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Greetings from Kenya


A warm hello,


I am still amazed at how small our world has become and am excited by all the possibilities it presents. With the Internet, social media and networking (IE. twitter, Facebook, blogging) to name a few, it is easier than ever to reach out and connect with others across the world. I find myself more than ever reading and watching news from other parts of the world (secretly I am a huge BBC fan!) as it always slants a somewhat different perspective on the world and obviously shares more about what is going on outside of this country)


Recently I have been in correspondence with a woman from Kenya by the name of Joyce. I received an email entitled "Greetings From Kenya". Joyce found my website (http://www.coachingforwidows.com/) and has asked to connect. We are speaking this Friday and I am excited and curious to learn more about Kenya and the needs of widows in her country. Since the death of my husband almost 4 1/2 years ago, I am on a mission to help women and widows remove barriers, develop new and empowering strategies for life and business and be all they can be. With our world becoming smaller in some ways, I am grateful for meeting such like minded individuals who are passionate about making a positive difference in our world.


As a reminder, and speaking of like minded individuals, the First National (U.S.) Widowhood Conference (San Diego, CA) is shaking up to become a phenomenal event. You have plenty of time to plan and schedule to attend, if you are interested. I will be one of the presenters and part of a group of phenomenal, powerful and inspired women. Please visit http://www.sslf.org/ for more information. I hope to see you there. I hope to meet women not only from our country but from all over the world. Now, I have a special interest in a special woman from Kenya.


Coach Question:

As you look at your world, what are the possibilities when you broaden the definition of "your world" and expand your opportunities to connect with diverse others? Hmm....

No comments: